"Putting research into policy and practice"
The Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE) is a network for people and organisations involved in small business and entrepreneurship research, policy, education, support and advice.
ISBE's members are its most valuable resource, offering vast reserves of knowledge and research. Through events and activities ISBE aims to disseminate this research to policy makers and business support organisations, where it can have genuine impact and inform change, and to share these resources with academics, researchers and educators. Through ISBE’s network and activities academics, policy makers and those who work in business support are able to connect and form beneficial working relationships.
With more than 30 years experience and a 4,000 strong network ISBE makes a valuable contribution, and engages with, all elements of the entrepreneurial community.
As a charitable institute ISBE provides financial support for new research activities through its RAKE fund. ISBE also provides a number of free and heavily subsidised workshops and activities.
• Hosts an annual conference showcasing the highest quality cutting edge research and stimulating debate on relevant, contemporary issues, for over 33 years
• Provides a network of experts across all areas of entrepreneurship and small business
• Hosts regional and national events and workshops
• Produces a monthly bulletin keeping members updated on the latest news and upcoming events; a quarterly e-magazine Enterprising Matters; and ISBE Emerald Book Series
• Provides financial support for new research activities through the ISBE RAKE Fund
• Disseminates knowledge and expertise in small business and entrepreneurship through our activities, publications and the ISBE panel of experts
• Stimulates innovation through research, networking and sharing of best practice